ADA Concrete Ramps
If your building needs an ADA compliant parking lot ramp installed, look no further than Paving Professionals, Inc. One of our specialties is the installation of these specialized ramps. Most businesses, churches, schools and other organizations must follow ADA ramp specifications and ADA requirements for handicapped wheelchair ramp access.
- ADA Concrete Ramp Specifications Require a 1:12 ramp slope ratio which equals 4.8 degrees slope or one foot of wheelchair ramp for each inch of rise. For instance, a 30 inch rise requires a 30 foot handicap wheelchair ramp to be compliant with handicap accessibility laws.
- ADA Guidelines Require a Minimum 5′ x 5′ Flat, unobstructed area at the top and bottom of the ramp for wheelchairs.
- ADA Standards require permanent and removable wheelchair ramps to have a minimum width of 36 inches of clear space across the wheelchair ramp. Massachusetts and California ADA code now require 48 inches ramp width to be an ADA compliant ramp.
- ADA Code Compliance Require a Minimum Turn Platform size of 5′ x 5′. California ADA ramp code now requires a minimum 6 foot (in the direction of travel) platform size.
- ADA Guidelines for Wheelchair Ramps allow a Maximum run of 30 feet of wheelchair ramp before a rest or turn platform.
- ADA Ramp Guidelines Require ADA Ramp handrails that are between 34″ and 38″ in height on both sides of the wheelchair ramps.